What to expect at shenendehowa united methodist church...
At Shen UMC , you'll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We want you to have an idea of what to expect when you arrive at Shen UMC. All you have to do from here is come as you are and find out more for yourself! And if you like, let us know you are coming through our Plan Your Visit link connected to our website and we will gladly meet you at the door and give you a quick tour of our campus.
At A Sunday Service, you can Expect:
- Each service will last about an hour.
- Thought-provoking, engaging and applicable messages which are based on the Bible.
- Excellence in multiple styles of music. We offer traditional and contemporary music at our 9:00 a.m. worship service, making it an enjoyable "blended" worship experience.
- Fun teaching for your children. (Suspended during COVID-19)
- Professional childcare for children 3 and under. (Suspended during COVID-19)
Find your personal next step including:
- A place to belong. Our small group ministry is a great place to meet people you can grow, laugh, and serve with. We have growth groups, special interest groups and service groups for men, women, couples, students, and more! Check them out here.
- A chance to make a difference. God created you with gifts and skills that you can use to change lives in your community, country and the world. Check out our missions page and discover the many opportunities we offer throughout the year.
- A way to grow and share our stories. As we grow and become fully devoted followers of Jesus, it is important to share our faith stories with other people. We believe our mission statement gives us both a personal and a congregational application. As a church, we must seek to "Connect People to Christ and Community." But likewise, as individuals, we must seek to connect the people in our lives to Christ and community too. We all have a story to share.
Your Family Will Enjoy:
- A place just for kids: Each Sunday ShenKids learn the truth about who God is and who they are because of Him through age-specific lessons, small groups and trusted adult leadership.
- A night just for teens: Lighthouse meets on Wednesdays for students 6th through 12th grade. They experience worship, interactive activities and a lesson dealing with issues our teens face each day.